Well I will make this quick, I promise. I just reference my husband so much, that I feel an introduction is necessary!
This is my calm-ass husband (CAH): Wes
He is everything that is the opposite of me and that is why we work so well. He is the easygoing Chandler to my high-strung Monica. The joke-cracking Doug to my sarcastic Carrie. But together, we are the nausea-inducing, googly-eyed, Lily and Marshall.
My husband’s demeanor is the same whether he is happy, upset, joyful or sad. Just even-tempered, all the time. At first it was a big adjustment, given that I am extremely expressive and look for the same in a partner. But after awhile, I became so appreciative of this. Whenever I’m on one of my over-working, over-achieving, anxiety-induced stress-benders, he can calm me down in a heartbeat. He keeps the humor in our relationship, and makes it light.
My favorite CAH facts:
- He will eat anything I put in front of him, even the recipe experiments that went horribly awry.
- He grew up all over the world: England, Malaysia, Brunei (and no, he’s not an army brat :))
- He is passionate about cars, and knows everything about any car about which you ask him.
- He can fix just about anything. He’s a tinkerer.
- He is shy, but has a great sense of humor, so even if you don’t know him, you can tease him and he will get the cutest sheepish look on his face.
- He has a smile that melts my heart, every time I see it.
So there you have it – the love of my life. My CAH. Feel free to say “hi” or flirt with him a little. You’ll probably get a shy smile out of him 🙂